We went to check out M50, the cool arts district in Shanghai were artists show in old warehouses. We weren't allowed to take pictures inside the galleries and only a few were open, so pictures are limited:


Next we headed over to the French Concession. We had seen the outskirts a few days before and I wasn't terribly excited about it, but it turned out to be super cool.

Here is some meat hanging from a tree to dry. Right next to the laundry.

Unidentifiable scraps of meat:


The next day we only had a few hours before our flight left. We headed over to a nearby temple to check it out but admission was crazy expensive and they had already turned half of it into a shopping mall. We did, however, find a cool rock climbing wall for me to show off my mad athletic
skillz.



Inside a drawer in our hotel was a book of Chairman
Mao quotes,
Chinese checkers, and monopoly: china edition. excellent.

We headed out for a quick stop in
Hong Kong before on to Thailand!
love the new blog!
ReplyDeletegreat pix!
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing them with us
xo
M
Wow...lots to read and lots of photos to see! It's making me feel like I am there with ya! Good thing Jac is there with ya to share the experiences in person!
ReplyDeleteI hope you took the monopoly!! I love the pictures and can't wait to see more :) I am also very impressed at how athletic you have become! haha hope your having a great time! miss you
ReplyDelete